Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2 2015

Aloha from Lima Peru!

Surprise!! Me quedo!! I stayed in this area. At the end of this transfer I’ll have 6 months in this area. Speaking of 6 months... Next week I’ll have 6 months in the mission! Wow. So fast. Too fast. I love this too much. It’s like I’m eating the most delicious ice cream I’ve ever tried in my life and I’ve already eaten half of the bowl. I have no idea where the time is going but I’m making the best of it.

Really quick before I say anything else, shout out to Hermana Brynn Bergeson!! Peru is here waiting for you, and miracles are waiting to happen. Get ready for the time of your life. The mission is the best. It’s indescribable.

Speaking of it being indescribable, this week we were visiting una hermana. Se llama Hermana Zubiate. She’s menos activa. We were visiting her and all of the sudden she was like èlderes, what do you guys have?` we were super surprised. But she was super consistent and wanted an answer. What do you have elderes? I can see something inside of you and I want to know what it is. What do you have? We tried explaining that we probably have brought the spirit into her home as missionaries but that wasn’t enough for her. So I decided to tell her some of the most powerful words that I’ve probably heard since being on the mission. It’s something that they teach you in the first week in the mission field and it’s the missionary commission. In English I’m not sure exactly if this will be correct. But I’m gonna try. Something along the lines of this. 

I am called of God.
My authority is above that of ALL of the kingdoms of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my teacher.
And He has chosen me as His humble servant,
to put me in His place,
to say and do what He would say and do if He was personally ministering to the people that He has sent me to.
My voice is His voice, 
my acts are His acts, 
my words are His words, 
and my doctrine is His doctrine.
My commission is to do what He has done, say what He has said,
To be a witness of His word in His great and marvelous work in these latter days.
HOW GREAT IS MY CALLING.

I told her these words and she was speechless. It was an answer to her prayers and it’s so true. We bring something as missionaries. Something that the people can feel but don’t always know what it is. 
It’s the missionary mantel. The authority and power that we have as missionaries. We are LITERALLY representing the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD. It’s more than we can imagine I think.

I love this work. I love the things that I’m learning. 

Well, this week one of the families that we are teaching is getting married! And you wanna hear about a miracle? They didn’t have enough money for the wedding rings and so they were sad and not very excited. But it turns out that someone that is in a different ward all the way across Lima heard about their wedding somehow and donated the wedding rings. They’re in my backpack right now. 

Amigos and familias, miracles exist. It’s a miracle to be in this work and to be speaking all day every day in a new language I knew almost nothing about 1 year ago.

The gospel is true. Heavenly Father loves us and we can see the miracles and the love that He has in store for us when we have faith and do what we know is right. I know it’s true. And I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Thanks for all the prayers and support! 
A lot of people are asking me about sending letters so I’ll just write in here. The mail people are working again! Haha so please send letters :) just send them to the mission offices. The address should be on my Facebook and Instagram. And it should get to me in 6 weeks.

Address:

Elder Daniel Spencer Dahlin
Peru Lima Central Mission
Ave Jorge Basadre 592, Oficina 604-B
Edifico Torre Azul
San Isidro 27
PERU

Thanks for everything! I’ll update you all on the wedding next week!

Here are some pictures of some foods here. Some that I like and then one nasty one. It was a liver sandwich. mmm... hahah! Have a good week!


Also, there’s a picture of what happens when the members love you and feed you like 3 plates full of food. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment