Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16 2015

Aloha!!

Wow this week has been so busy. Last week I think I sent a picture of a super full page of my agenda, but it turns out that it was nothing special haha because every day of this week has been like that. It’s really cool though. We usually have like 6 7 or 8 appointments every day. So we are teaching so many people and learning so much about how we can teach and help the people here. Even though we run to some appointments, I’d much rather have this than nothing. Because when there were 4 elders in the ward, I’ve had days where we have 1 appointment and nothing else. It’s not as fun haha.

Wow something crazy happened this week. We are teaching this guy named Jhonny. I think I talked about him a few weeks ago. Anyway, he had a baptismal date but it fell because he didn’t go to church. So last week he calls us and he’s like hey guys I just need some time. I’m having bad dreams and I can’t sleep. I think it’s because we have been having these appointments. So I’m going to take some time okay? We told him that we just want to meet with him one more time and then after that we won’t visit him anymore ;)

Haha so we get there and were just talking about the things that he’s experiencing. He was super worried and scared. I could just see how stressed he was. We ended up teaching about the priesthood that night and after the lesson we asked him how he felt. He said that he still didn’t know and then told us again that when he’s ready he’s going to call us. My companion and I just looked at each other and we were both thinking that we could give him a blessing. I told him that we can give blessings like Jesus did when he was on the earth and he was like okay yes!! Super excited. He chose me to give him the blessing so I did.. Wow. I have no idea what I said but right when I put my hands on his head to give him the blessing of comfort and strength, the whole room went quiet and all the noise outside stopped. The room was just full of the spirit and I could totally feel it all up and down my body haha. Well I don’t know what I said, but as soon as the blessing was over, he stood up, gave me a huge hug, and asked when we could come visit him again. He felt the spirit that night! And I’m pretty sure that we all did. His date is now the 28th of this month. It’s so amazing to see how we can bless the lives of others through the priesthood. Dang the church is SO true.

Also something else really cool that happened. There is a lady that we are teaching. Her name is Carmen Martinez. We went to her house last week to teach her but her power was out. It was getting late so it was kind of dark in there but it was still light enough to read. Anyway, we were teaching and at the end as I was testifying of God’s love for her, I realized that I couldn’t see her face. She was sitting in front of a window facing me and there was a light behind her. So I couldn’t see her face, I just could see her silhouette. I didn’t think much of it then. But this can be compared to Gods love for each of us. God loves each one of us so much. And as I was sitting there testifying to this silhouette that God loves her, it made me realize that he loves us all equally. I don’t know if this makes any sense haha but I hope you can understand. I love this work. Each week I learn more and more.

Well that’s all the time I got folks. I hope you are all doing well.

Oh yeah!! Thanks so much Hermana Bergeson and Hermana Loayza for helping getting my shoes to me. You guys are the best! Not to mention my parents for sending them! Thank you.


Right now in el Libro de Mormon, I’m starting Alma. I’m in Alma 9 and it’s said the name of Jesus 2,109 times.

I love you guys! Thanks for the support and prayers!!


Love Elder Dahlin



No comments:

Post a Comment