Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 9 2015

Aloha!

Today I complete 6 months in the mission. WHAT?! 6 months. The fastest and most important 6 months of my life. I’ve learned so much. But more than anything I think I’ve learned about love. This work is all about love. We’re here to help the people learn of this same love that we’ve discovered. There is seriously nothing like this work. I know people always say that but seriously there’s nothing else I’d rather be doing. I can’t believe 6 months have gone by.

So last week I failed to announce that I’m staying in Magdalena, my sector. My companion got transferred and I received Elder Galindo. He’s from Texas and has a year in the mission. He’s also district leader!

So we received some homework from our mission president. We were told to read the Book of Mormon from beginning and every time it says Christ, or Savior, or son of God, or just any name of Christ, we mark it. And then we count them! I was so surprised. I’m in Mosiah 4, only like 180 pages in in the Spanish version, and you know how many times I’ve marked the name of Christ? Wait for it, wait for it.. 1,527.
This book only testifies of Him, His teachings, and His sacrifice. I knew that it talked about Christ but seriously. It says his name thousands of times throughout the book.

This week, me and my companion had the opportunity to go to a house and give two babies priesthood blessings. We also blessed the home. The babies had both fallen out of their cribs and their faces were pretty bruised and they were in pain. As I gave one of them a blessing, all I felt was love. Goosebumps all up and down my body. I just felt peace, and the purity of this baby. We should all try to become like children, like it says in the scriptures. Humble, caring, loving. I could just feel the love that Heavenly Father had for this baby, and I know that He loves each of us equally. We just gotta pray, study the scriptures, and go to church so that we can see this love for ourselves!

Well, I continue to love it here in Peru. Tonight I’m going to burn a tie so next week you can all expect to see a picture or video! Thanks for all the Support and prayers that you all send my way! Remember. That each of you are a child of God. And He loves you so much more than we can imagine. It’s infinite.

Have a good week! And remember that if you want to send me a letter, my address should be on my Facebook and my Instagram!!

Love you all!

Love Elder Dahlin

Ps. this week we went to an amusement park. Our president gave us special permission haha. I almost got puked on by another missionary! But that’s a story for next week. Also, here’s what a full agenda looks like!! 8 appointments in one day. Let’s just say we were running from house to house.
I think there is a video of me and my companion haha.
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif









No comments:

Post a Comment