Monday, October 27, 2014

Oct 27 2k14


Family and friends,

This was my first week out of the CCM! HOLY COW. Lima Peru really is a special place. different. but special. I’m definitely not used to the big city haha but I’m sure I will be soon.

The thing that I’ve thought of the most since being here is to never take for granted what we’ve been blessed with. We are so lucky. If you guys could see some of the things I’ve seen here I think you would appreciate what you have a bit more haha. That’s something we should all try to work on. 

This week I’ve been learning so much Spanish and getting used to how the people speak here. They speak so so so fast!! But I’m getting used to it. Every day I understand more and more. The spirit is key with the language though. And I can tell when I have the spirit and when I don’t. Last night we were teaching a lesson and I was testifying of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I could just feel that I was the instrument that Heavenly Father was working through to teach this lady. Doctrina y convenios 100 talks a ton about missionary work. It’s only a few verses long and you can read it in less than 2 minutes so I encourage all of you to work with it. Sometimes I’m afraid to talk to someone because I don’t know what I’m going to say, but after reading this chapter, I’m less afraid. Because I know that `it will be given to me in the very hour, yea in the very moment what I should say`.

So I was testifying of the Book of Mormon and after I spoke I was just like what the heck. I don’t know how to speak Spanish!! The spirit really is something special.

I have some fun facts about Lima.

1. Peruvian Dogs don’t have hair. Gross I know. I’ll try to get a picture of one this week. They’re just bald. So nasty. One of the members we visit has one and I try not to touch it.. ugh.
2. There isn’t 5 seconds that goes by where I don’t hear a car honk. Everybody always honks always. No matter what.
     - However on Sunday, they don’t honk. It’s interesting.
3. The sun almost never comes out here. At least right now. I’ve seen the sky during the day like 3 times., today was one of those times. And I’ve seen the stars twice. Both in the CCM.
4. Everybody is Catholic. Literally EVERYBODY. 

Well those are all the facts I have so far haha. I’ll come up with some more for next week. I’ve also seen the miracle of tender mercies in my mission. Some days are really hard. And we don’t always have people that want to listen to us. But at the end of every day, we always have an amazing family that invites us in and feeds us and we have a lesson.

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real. They live. I know this for a fact. They love each and every one of us. No matter what we’ve done we can always be forgiven and we will always be loved. How great is that? The Book of Mormon is true. More true than any other book in the world. The testimony of Joseph Smith is so powerful. I encourage you to read it. It will change you. The Book of Mormon has changed my life and the reason I am here is to share this knowledge with others. So that their lives can be changed too through this amazing gospel. Families can be together forever, through heavenly fathers plan. How much more would we want? I know this church is true. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t true. God lives. If you don’t have a knowledge for yourself that God lives, kneel and ask in prayer. You will receive an answer. I say these things in the name of My Savior, the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ. Amen. I’ll try to speak more Spanish in my email next week. This week I just didn’t have much time. 

The yellow building is my apartment. And the Latino in the picture is my companion. Elder Flores.

I love you all!! Life is good in Lima Peru.

Elder Dahlin







No comments:

Post a Comment