Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Oct 1 2014

Family and Friends,
 
Greetings from Lima Peru! Have I already been here for 3 weeks?! What the heck. I’ve started to adapt to missionary language. So the word flip is now common in my vocabulary. Haha I guess that’s how you know when you’ve been out a while.
This week has been so great! The CCM is truly an amazing place.
This week my testimony on prayer has been strengthened to an unshakable level. Prayer is soooo powerful. So earlier this week we were playing soccer and I twisted my ankle pretty bad. I was down for the count haha. After physical activity I went back up to my room with my compañion and I took off my sock and it was starting to turn purple and blue and it was getting swollen! so I was like ah flip I’m gonna have ankle problems like Garrett for the rest of my life ;)
That night I said a prayer and just expressed how grateful I would be if my ankle could heal so I could focus better and learn while I’m here. I went to bed. The next morning I wake up at 6, climb out of bed, and walk to the bathroom. Then I remember my ankle! I had forgotten about it completely. I checked to see what it looked like and it looks as if nothing had ever happened to it. It’s just a tiny bit sore but other than that I’m perfectly fine. I can run on it and jump on it like normal. The power of prayer is amazing folks. If you ever need help or anything, prayer is the way. Like the scriptures say, pray always.


Also, this morning we were getting ready to go to the temple and my companion realizes that he doesn’t have his recommend! So we run back up to the room and tear everything apart looking for it. We were already running late so we were both getting frustrated by this point. I suggested saying a prayer. And so we did. We looked for a few more minutes and then decided to leave. The plan was that he would just wait in the waiting room during the temple session. So we get there and they asked him for his recommend. He doesn’t know much Spanish so I explained to the temple workers in Spanish that he didn’t have his recommend because he lost it and he was just going to wait in the waiting room. Well, once again our prayer was answered. They come out with his recommend in their hands. And they told us that he had left it there the week before. How crazy is that! He left it in his temple pants when he took them off the week before and someone had turned it in. I love prayer. I find myself praying more here than any other time in my life.
 
I’ve also become more patient. Sometimes there are things that bother me on the mission. Like missionaries being disobedient and doing things that missionaries shouldn’t do. Not horrible things, but just things that they wouldn’t do if the mtc president was standing there. But patience is key. And who am I to judge? I read a scripture that says if we judge our brothers, that same judgment will come upon us. So be careful because you don’t know what anyone is going through!
 
One of the things that really helps me to work hard out here is to think, I’m literally representing Jesus Christ. When I talk, it’s as if the words were coming out of his mouth. This helps me to stay away and study as hard as I can while I’m out here.
 
This week I finished the book of Mormon! My scriptures are already so marked up haha. I can’t imagine what they’re going to look like in 6 months, or even 2 years!
 
We had a devotional the other day, Elder Calderon of the 70 came and spoke to us. He compared the missionaries to David, and trials or investigators to Goliath. David chose 5 stones. We have 5 lessons.

David didn’t hesitate to strike. We shouldn’t hesitate to invite others to come unto Christ.
 
Well the mission is truly an amazing place. Every day, I continue to feel the spirit so strong. The work is being hastened. I love being a missionary. Every day, I just count my blessings. There is so much that we take for granted in the United States. We have so much. When we are walking to the temple or to the bus stops, I can see how little the people here have. They literally have nothing. We should all be grateful for what we have because we have been blessed by the lord.
 
Thank you for all of your prayers!! I have an army behind me. You guys are all so amazing. I love you so much. Life is amazing in Lima Peru.
 
Hey, mom and dad can you send me an email with everything you can remember from my setting apart blessing? That would be cool to have.
 
Also, someone please tell Sister Kirk thank you for the hymn book! I use it every day.
 
Family! I challenge you all to visit the temple sometime soon! It’s an awesome place and we can learn so much every time we go.
 
And can someone look up all 100 scripture mastery’s and paste them in an email and send them to me? That would be spectacular. I love you guys! Continue to pray and have faith.
 
PS my English is getting worse and my Spanish is better than ever. That’s good right? :) I love you all.
 
Much love, Elder Dahlin

No comments:

Post a Comment