Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6 2015

President and Hermana Borg finished their mission this week! And President and Hermana Larson came. I don’t have a picture with them yet but we’re going to have zone interviews on the 21st so I’ll get a picture then. I really am going to miss President Borg and his wife cause they’re seriously so great. President Larson and his wife are the most humble people I’ve ever known. We had to go to the offices this week to pick something up and I was able to talk to them for like 30 minutes. They’re great! And I’m way stoked to be able to get to know them better. They have a blog! I’m gonna put it on here before I forget. larsonsinlima.blogspot.com

It’s sad to hear about the passing away of Boyd K Packer. I’m really curious to see who the new apostles will be! The topic of Elder L Tom Perry and Boyd K Packer’s last talks were about marriage. It really shows how important the play of God is in our lives and how marriage between a man and a woman is essential to live with our Heavenly Father again.

Yesterday during sacrament meeting I gave a baby blessing and it was seriously so much different than I thought it would be. We give so many health blessings and blessing of comfort through the priesthood and I thought the baby blessing would be kind of like that but it was wayy different. I could just feel the love that Heavenly Father has for that little guy. Then I thought about how our Heavenly Father sees each one of us. We are literally his children and he loves us more than we could know. Blessing the baby was an experience that I can’t really describe haha. It was just amazing and made me want to be a better person and to be more humble.

Really quick I want to share a cool story! There is a street in our sector that is always really busy. We have to cross the street throughout the day maybe like 3 or 4 times. We were waiting for the little crosswalk guy to turn green so that we could cross. We were just talking and everything was normal. Then the guy turned green. But me and my companion didn’t move. It was the weirdest thing because we both just felt like we shouldn’t go yet. We waited like 15 seconds and then all of the sudden we hear a loud crashing noise! And there comes a car speeding out of control and it’s tire fell off!! The car skid to a stop and the tire sped by us at like 40 miles an hour haha. I know that we were definitely protected that day and I don’t know what would have happened if we hadn’t listened to the spirit. The spirit protects us from physical harm and also from spiritual harm. Sometimes we have decisions to make between right and the wrong. And if we listen to the spirit and choose the right, we will be taken out of the way of sin and guilt. But if we don’t listen to the spirit we could be seriously harmed spiritually and physically. We should always just do everything we can to first, be worthy of the guidance of the spirit, and second, listen to it and do as it says. If we do these things we’re going to be alright :)

Well have a good week and keep praying for me and my companion and for his mom too! She’s sick with cancer and he’s pretty worried about her.


Love Elder Dahlin

No comments:

Post a Comment