Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20 2015

Aloha!

Another amazing week! Every week in the mission is amazing haha but this week I think will change my mission. We had three baptisms! Jose, Jorge, and Ronald! They’re all so solid and have goals to go to the temple and grow even closer to God. It really is amazing to see people change their life so that they can get baptized. Throughout this mission I’ve come to know for a fact that the only true happiness exists when we do what Heavenly Father wants us to do. The Prophet Thomas S Monson said that if we do what God wants, we WILL be happy for eternity. If we don’t do what he wants, we MIGHT have a glimmer or temporary happiness. It’s so true. Doing the will of the father and keeping his commands is the only way that we can truly be happy. I’m happy here in the mission because I’ve seen so many people change their lives and find this happiness that I have. They always ask why I’m always smiling and I guess it’s just because, I know who I am. I know why I’m here. I know that I have a father in heaven that loves me and that I have an awesome family that has the same goals as I do, to get back to the presence of our Heavenly Father. If this is the goal, and we honestly do everything to reach it, we’re going to be alright. But faith, patience and diligence are key.
Sometimes we have to wait for his will and his perfect timing.
Well I don’t have a ton of time but thanks for all the prayers and for all the emails. I love you all and I love hearing about what’s happening back at home. Have a good week and remember to think of what you’re willing to do to have real happiness :)


Love Elder Dahlin

This week we went and played futbol with another stake of missionaries. Is it just me or are they starting to call me goalie gordon?

When we baptize, we celebrate. Here are some of my best friends.

This week I finally saw a llama!!

Jose

Jorge

Ronald




No comments:

Post a Comment