Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8 2015

Family and Friends,

This week we saw some pretty big miracles in our sector. First off, in our ward there aren’t many people to teach. We spend a lot of time searching for people when we could be teaching, so it gets a little frustrating. But we aren’t losing hope or excitement. We love every minute of every day. This week we were blessed with the opportunity to fast and pray. We began the 24 hour fast on Saturday and on Sunday we went to church like we normally do. We got there and not many people had showed up yet. We were like ahh its going to be another one of those Sundays. As the meetings went on more and more people began to show up. And by the end of sacrament meeting, more less actives and investigators showed up than on any other Sunday that I’ve been here for. We talked to each of them and we could feel and see their strong desire to be baptized. We needed this boost and we fasted and prayed for it. And we got it. June will be spent teaching them and in July I think we will be getting wet in the waters of baptism :) I’m so grateful for the blessings that come to us as we fast and pray with faith.

This week I’m also especially grateful for the plan of salvation. As missionaries we teach that there’s more than just this life. We teach that God loves us and he has sent us here to have this body and to be tested. We are born, we learn as we grow up, we have our own familias, we face problems, we are tempted and tested, we get sick and we have pain. And at the end of this earthly life we die. After this life we enter into a state where we wait. We have no body in this state, just our spirit. In this state called the spirit world we either wait in a state of paradise or a state of guilt and sadness. It all depends on how we live in this life. But what do we wait for in this state? We wait for the day when our savior Jesus Christ will come again in unimaginable power and glory. In this day, we will all rise from the dead just as Jesus did when He broke the bands of death 3 days after the crucifixion. We will once again take upon ourselves our bodies, but this time we will be out of reach death, pain, sickness, physical stress and any incapability or deformation. We will be resurrected and glorified beings. We will be judged and receive a reward based on our actions in this life. And depending on how we lived, we will receive a degree of glory.
           
        I know this plan is perfect. I know death is hard to face, but it’s an essential part of this perfect plan.

This week I was informed of the passing away of my grandpa. I know with all my heart that he no longer has pain. He no longer is sick and he no longer feels earthly pain. He is waiting in the paradise of the spirit world for me and the rest of my family to also arrive there. And then there we will wait together for the second coming of the Redeemer of the world. I know He will come again. It’s prophesied in the scriptures soo many times. 

I’m grateful for this plan and for this testimony that I have of its truthfulness. Without this knowledge death would be much much harder to face, especially that of a family member.

I know all of this to be true. And I’m so grateful for it. In the name of Jesus Christ amen. 

Please keep my family in your prayers. Have a good week and be safe!

Love Elder Dahlin


No comments:

Post a Comment