Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 1 2015

Is it already June? A year ago I was graduating. Crazy how the time flies.

I don’t have a ton of time but I wanted to tell you guys a story that happened this week that was pretty great! My companion and I were on the hunt for new people to teach cause right now there aren’t many progressing investigators. We had been walking for like 2 hours and we had knocked on every single door that was on this list that we have. We knocked like 30 or 40 doors and nobody let us in. Nobody. To say the least we were discouraged. We didn’t see how this was effective. We came to the last name on the list and walked to their house. When we got there, there were 2 huge dogs on leashes outside of the house. They were big. Like as big as champ. I was dang scared and I told my companion that I was not going to die. I jokingly told him we could throw a rock at the door instead and maybe the people would hear it and come and answer it haha. Don’t worry. We didn’t throw a rock at the door. I carefully crept and knocked on the door and the dogs were sound asleep. No harm done :) we waited a few minutes and decided they weren’t home. We turned away from the house to start walking down the street when something caught my eye in the second story of a building just across the street. There was an old man signaling for us to come. I looked around me to see if he was maybe talking to a friend or someone. But he kept signaling to us! We walked to his door and right as we got there he opened the door and just said `come on in!`. For you guys that have seen Saratov approach, this was going through my mind at this point haha. I was a little worried. And had my handy dandy ball point pen in my hand just in case any shenanigans went down. We sat down and started teaching him and he was really cool! He explained to us that other elders had taught him about baptism and that he isn’t really sure what to do to follow God. Haha I was thinking to myself. That’s alright brother, we know :) We’re teaching him now and I’m more than sure that my companion will still be here to see his baptism. It was an answer to my prayers that no matter how hard it gets, no matter how many times doors are slammed in our faces, there is someone out there that NEEDS us. Their salvation depends on it. And by teaching them and helping them find this salvation, we also receive blessings. I’m glad we kept working. I’m glad we didn’t give up. We never give up, and that’s what makes the difference in this work.

I love you guys and I’ll have more to write about next week! Keep praying for me and my companion please.
Oh by the way! The mission offices changed! Here’s the address.


Misión Perú Lima Central 
Av. Juan de Aliaga 520 
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 
Lima 17, Peru


Love Elder Dahlin

Ps. here’s a picture out the window of my apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment