Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15 2015

Well I had to start another email because the other one was so big and it took forever to open it haha.

Wow where to begin. This week was amazing. Probably the best in all of my mission. My companion and I have honestly had some disappointment these last couple of weeks. There had been hardly anyone to teach. We prayed, fasted, promised, and obeyed. But nothing. We were getting frustrated because there were no investigators that were progressing. This week we have taught more people, invited more people to baptism, and laughed and been happier than in my entire mission. In June we won’t have any baptisms, but July will be amazing. There are 5 or 6 people that we just met that are sooo amazing. And so willing. They have dates set in July to be baptized and they’re so excited. 

Let me tell you about one of them. His name is Sandro. He’s 29. He is the boyfriend of a member and they’re planning on getting married soon. Thankfully they don’t live together, so they can get baptized before their marriage. He was talking to us and telling us about his life. His mom died when he was 15. He has had a rough time getting over the death of his mom. He said that he has always felt like he’s been empty inside since the death of his mom. And then he turned to us and was like `I guess this message is all that I’ve been missing out on right?’ We were able to testify to him the truthfulness of the gospel and how it would help him in his life. Not to mention he would be able to see his mom again. He was super excited and happily accepted a baptismal date. It was so awesome to see how excited he was when his future mother in law came home and walked in the door. He jumped up and was like hey I’m getting baptized!! With a huge smile on his face. That’s what this message is about. Happiness and family unity. This family is so awesome. And I’m excited to see how the lord blesses them :)

I was taught from these last few weeks that patience is so important. We were doing everything we could to find people to teach and we didn’t receive them. Why? Because it wasn’t time to receive them just yet. God knows the plan more than we could ever imagine. He knows what’s best and when it’s best. So we just have to continue with faith and we will be blessed.

I love the work! And I love this opportunity to share the gospel with people that don’t know true happiness.


Have a good week and please keep praying for me and my companion and his family.

Love Elder Dahlin

Me, my President, and Hermana Borg. They're finishing the mission in 2 weeks and then we get another president. I love them both.

This week we had multizonas! These are my best friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment