Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4 2015

Bonjour! (There’s one for you dad) haha

So I’ve downloaded the conference in English to listen to it in my own language and its sooo different. It makes me think of the prophecy that every nation kindred tongue and people will hear the fullness of the gospel in their own tongue. It’s so powerful to hear it in English. I LOVE listening to our prophets bear witness and testify of the living Christ. I wonder what it would be like to hang out with those guys for a day haha.

No pasó mucho esta semana, entonces no hay mucho que decir. But there was something that was kind of cool that happened! And scary. Hold on mom haha. Okay so we were in our personal study and I was reading Jesus the Christ. All of the sudden we hear like glass being broken and people yelling and screaming outside. So me and my companion are like what the heck? We look out the window and there’s like a full out riot going on outside. People fighting with rocks and sticks. We were safe because we live in the 4th story. But it definitely surprised us. anyway, we went back to our studies and closed the window and the first thing I read from the book after seeing what was going on outside was ´there’s someone who will redeem all mankind from these things, if they will but come unto him´. Or something like that haha. And it’s so true! Yeah sometimes in this life we don’t choose the right. We make the wrong decision, we might even get into a riot haha. But if we come unto Christ with a heart broken and a contrite spirit, and if we have changed out ways, we will be forgiven. The expación is so poderoso, and like Holland said in this last conference, we probably will never be able to fully understand it. I’m grateful for the atonement and for the chance that we have to be cleansed.

Well, my mission president is going to finish his mission here in good ol´ Lima Peru in a couple of weeks. So he is having interviews these last few weeks. Our district went this week and it was so cool to just talk to him and be enlightened. It’s amazing the mantel that we have as missionaries but the president of the mission has something of the type too. He’s an awesome guy. Our new president will be coming at the end of May! His name is President Johnson! Him and his wife are super young. They’re like 45! And they’re bringing with them their little kids. So that will be really fun. I’m excited to meet them! Maybe you could google them or look on lds.org and find out more about them.

This fast Sunday I was sitting in sacrament meeting singing the sacrament hymn and once again I was shocked at how amazing this mission is. I’m in South America singing church hymns with a bunch of Peruvians! So awesome haha. 

This morning I was going to read the first vision in English cause I can’t remember doing it too many times before the mission. As I was reading it I was imagining the power that overtook Joseph Smith as he prayed. He felt like he was destined to utter destruction. When all of the sudden, he saw a pillar of light. For someone to really understand it, I think they just have to read it themselves. But after reading it in Spanish, my testimony was strengthened again. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. If God has always called prophets because he loved his children, and if he loves us today, why wouldn’t we have prophets?

Well amigos there isn’t much else to say. This week we are going to a museum so that will be pretty cool! I’ll be sure to update you all with that. And the video that I was going to send last week didn’t work! But I’ll try to send it again. 

Thanks for all the prayers and support! Keep praying for us please that we can find new people to teach who can progress and go to church. This seems to be the difficulty right now. Have a good week and I love you all!
Love Elder Dahlin

Ps. sorry I didn’t take any pictures this week :( next week I’ll send double!

Also, I was reading in the Bible Matthew 6:21 called my attention so strong. 

In English it should say something along the lines of ´where your treasure is, there will also be your heart´.

We should always be focused on the things of the Lord. And always be on the search to find ways to serve him and serve better and more effectively in our callings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment