Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25 2015

Aloha!

Hasta luego Elder Avalos! Bienvenidos Elder Ramirez! My new companion is from Peru, from Iquitos. He’s sooo sick! I love the guy. He has 21 months in the mission and its most likely that I’ll be ´killing´ him on the mission, meaning I’ll be his last companion here. He started his mission in Cuzco, but he got really sick and his kidneys started to fail. He went home for a year and a half and now he has been reassigned to Lima. His desire to get back out here and work has taught me so much. And even more! He has a super powerful testimony of the plan of salvation. His mom has cancer. And nobody knows how much time she last left. His desire to serve here even though he might not see her again is something that I admire so much. He’s a stud missionary too, so powerful. I am going to be learning a lot from him in these 3 months.

I don’t have a whole ton of time! But this week we also went to the temple again, just walked around outside with some investigators and menos activos. There’s a little room where you can go and listen to the apostles. I went in there and was listening to Elder Holland. He is so powerful. He spoke of repentance. At the end of his talk he said something along the lines of ´as long as we repent and change, we will always be forgiven. But we shouldn’t wait cause we don’t know how much time we have left. Brothers and sisters, don’t delay. It’s getting late´. This is a living apostle telling us to repent NOW because the end is near. I don’t know when it will be. Only 1 person does. But I know that if we repent now, we won’t have to worry and we won’t need to fear at the last day. Porque estaremos bien ante Dios. 

Also, there’s a talk that I LOVE by Bruce R Mckonkie. Its called the purifying power of Gethsemane. It was the last talk he ever gave before he died. It’s SO powerful. I encourage you all to listen to it! Even if you’re not a member of the church. I feel the spirit and the truthfulness of his words to strong. Just go and see for your selves. I’ll put a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGIwzpKlak

I love the prophets. We have so much to learn from them. I love the guidance that we have in these days so that we can raise our families and not have to worry about the temptations of the world. I know that if we do what they say, we will be calm and have no need to fear. I love the church! I love the mission!

Thanks for all your support and please keep praying for me and all the missionaries in the world.

Love Elder Dahlin







A hermana that Elder Montoya and I taught got baptized this week and we were able to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment