Monday, November 24, 2014

Nov 24 2014

Family and friends,

Wow what a week! I can’t believe that I’m already almost done with my first transfer. Second if you count the CCM. So crazy. I’m sad at how fast the time is going. I can’t imagine how hard it’s going to be to step onto the plane in 2 years.

First of all, Garrett and Brent I hope you guys had amazing birthdays!! It’s weird not being there. But I know this is where I’m supposed to be and I hope you had good birthdays :)

This week I’ve gained a testimony of the gift of tongues. I’m understanding more than ever. But still not everything haha I have so much to learn. But I’m grateful for the Spanish that I am able to speak. Kind of a funny story happened haha. This week we were visiting a family and we were just getting to know them. She asked my companion where he was from and he made her guess and eventually she guessed Bolivia. Then she asked where I am from and I made her guess too! Usually people would say United States without a second thought because I’m blonde, white, and 6 feet 2 inches tall. But she immediately said Columbia. WHAT?! Haha she thought I was from South America. I know I’m learning the language fast and the only reason is because of the gift of tongues and the Holy Ghost. I’m so grateful that I can be the instrument to bring people back to Christ. And I’m grateful that I can speak well enough Spanish to teach people about Jesus. So amazing.

Before I go any further... THANK YOU SO MUCH for the package!! Wow opening that bag and seeing all the candy seriously made my whole day. You should have seen my face. I took a picture and I’ll send it with this email. That’s as close as I can make it to the real thing. But yes thank you so much for the package and the candy. The Christmas packages are going to be so hard to not open, but don’t worry, I won’t open them. Thank you so much mom and dad. Also, a huge thank you to Sister Quist for bringing the package here to Lima. Couldn’t have got it without you!!

This week I got bit by a dog!!! :D I was walking and there was this little dog laying on the street. I stepped around it and it thought I was going to step on it or something but it freaked out and bit my pant leg!! I thought they tore. But I checked them later and they’re perfectly fine haha. It was scary though. I was about to kick the thing if it attacked me. I’m surprised I haven’t gotten attacked more by dogs because there are seriously hundreds of stray dogs here.

This week we are having our first baptism!! On the 29 we will be baptizing hermana Carmen Guevarra. She’s such an awesome person. I don’t have a picture of her but I’ll send one next week of the baptism. She’s awesome and she’s definitely ready for baptism. I’m so grateful that I can help people learn more of Christ. This gospel truly does bring happiness, and I’m so grateful that I can help bring this happiness into the lives of the people here.

This week we were in a little store talking to this couple about the restoration. He starting talking about some things that he was going through and all of the sudden I just zoned out. I don’t think I heard anything that he said, all I was thinking about is that we should switch lessons and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and perservar hasta el fin. A few minutes later I pulled out a gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet and started teaching about baptism and the blessings that come from this gospel. After this they were super excited to know that they can be clean again. And they went on to tell us that they want to get baptized and they want to know what they can do to be baptized. They’re really awesome, but they have to get married before they can be baptized. It’s amazing how real revelation is. They needed to hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ lesson. Revelation is real. It’s so real and I’m a witness that it exists! 

Well I don’t have much more time. But I hope you all have a great week!! And a happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the letters. I’m grateful for all of you and all of your support. I’m grateful for my family and everyone that has been a part of my life this far. I’m grateful for this church and for my opportunity to serve this mission. I’m grateful for Jesus Christ and for his sacrifice, through which we can all be clean and enter into the presence of God again.

Have a good Thanksgiving!!

Elder Dahlin











No comments:

Post a Comment