Monday, December 1, 2014

Dec 1 2014


Family and Friends,

This week has been interesting to say the least haha. I’m not gonna lie, this has been one of the worst weeks of my life. I’ve been super sick since Thursday morning at 2 am. But I’m getting better. This week I was able to give my first, and second priesthood blessing! I’ve done the anointing before but this week was the first time I ever gave the actual blessing. My companion was super sick. He could barely walk. I thought I was going to have to carry him up the stairs to our apartment. But it was all good haha. He was lying in bed and asked for a blessing. I gave him a blessing and he went to sleep. The next day he said he felt better and by noon the next day he was laughing and singing like normal. The priesthood is powerful. I also have received a priesthood blessing so that I can get better, and I’m getting better too. I know the priesthood is real and that it has been restored back to the earth. It’s so powerful and through this power we can help others. Not only to heal them but to perform ordinances. Crazy.

This week I was thinking about the atonement. In the scriptures it says that Jesus took all the sicknesses and pains of the world upon himself during the atonement in the garden of Gethsemane. I was thinking about this this week. He died and he took the sicknesses of the world upon himself, so that I can pray and ask to feel better. And when I end up feeling better, it’s because he took away my sickness and my pain in the garden. Something to think about.

This week we had our first baptism!! Her name is Carmen and she is so excited about the gospel. I was able to get in the water with her and baptize her. It was such an amazing experience. I’ve never baptized anyone before!! It was so amazing to see her face when she got out of the water. She was so happy. So pure and clean. Haha it was funny because she was afraid of the water. It was soooo cold though so I don’t blame her. But it was so good. A day that I’ll never forget. It’s crazy to think about how fast the time is going. Tomorrow is the end of my first transfer! I think I’m going to get a new companion because mine has been here for 6 months. That’ll be bittersweet.. haha. But we’ll see!

I’m excited to find and teach more people. And bring more of my brothers and sisters back to Heavenly Father. I love my mission. And even though this week wasn’t the best week of my life, I’m grateful for it. I’ve learned that bad days are absolutely necessary in this life. We need bad days so that we can appreciate the good ones! So if you’re having a bad day, learn to love it, because better days are ahead. There always are better days ahead. And pray! Prayer works. I’m a witness that prayer works, and it always will. As long as we are humble and have a true intent.

Well I’m out of time! I hope you have a good week!!

Love Elder Dahlin


Ps. I have a video of me saying what I’m grateful for!! For this thanksgiving season. But I don’t have time so next week I’ll send it.




No comments:

Post a Comment