Monday, December 22, 2014

Dec 22 2014

Feliz Navidad!!

Wow this week has been so amazing. The people here Love Jesus haha. There is no other way to put it. Also, they love their food. Let me tell you. I’ve never been this fat in my life haha. I’ve accepted the fact that this month I’m going to gain hecka wait. But January I’ll lose it. It’s worth gaining the weight, because I only have 2 years to enjoy this food haha and its SOOO good.

Anyway, this week I saw a video, in Spanish it’s called Gracias a el. it’s probably Thanks to Him in English. Anyway, it really put into perspective how important he savior is in our lives. I encourage you all to watch it :) also, the video el es la davida. Haha it’s on lds.org. It should be something like He is the Gift in English. Watch these 2 videos and you will feel the spirit. I promise.

This week has been good! Besides the heat and the getting fat, we have had a lot of experiences. We ate lunch with a member on Sunday like we always do, and on our way out, we saw a guy scraping the paint off of the wall so that he could paint it later. Elder Flores and I stopped and talked to him for a while. We ended up putting normal shirts over our missionary clothes and scraping paint off the wall with him for the next 2 hours. By the end of our visit, he and his wife both said that they want to get baptized. It’s amazing what service can do. We should always look for ways to serve others. Just imagine it as if the person you’re serving is Jesus Christ. Would you pass up the opportunity?

Surprise!! This week we also went to the temple!! Dang was it nice to go to the temple. I’ll never be able to describe the feelings I get there. Peace, happiness, love. It’s truly indescribable.

Well, I want to wish all of you a Feliz Navidad. It’s so important for us to remember the real meaning of Christmas at this time of year. Jesus Christ died for us. He has paid the price for all of our sins. And we should do all we can to remember him and his birth at this time of the year. I’m so grateful for this holiday and for the opportunity that we have to remember him. Being on the mission really has helped me to focus on the true meaning of this holiday. I’m grateful for Jesus Christ. Especially in this time of year. He did something that nobody in the history of the world could have ever done. And I will be forever grateful for him. 

I’m stoked to talk to my family on Christmas!! I want you guys to know that I’m so grateful that we can be together forever. Being here teaching about families and how they can be together forever really makes me realize how lucky I am that I have this opportunity and this blessing too. I love you guys more than I can express. And I’m so excited to talk to you on Christmas day.

Thanks everyone for all of the support! And I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. Try to focus a little more on the true meaning this year, and I promise you’ll be happier than if you hadn’t.

Love you all! 
Love, Elder Dahlin

Also, huge shout out to mi Hermano Elder Jenkins!! Happy big 19!! I’m stoked to have so many friends so close to me in the mission.

ALSO!! Congrats Hermana Bergeson!!! LIMA EAST!! I’ll have to let you know about all the secrets at the Lima MTC. I’m so excited for you! 

Here are a few pictures from the temple this week. Enjoy these pictures. Included are some pictures of the beautiful, castle-like Lima Peru Templo. And a selfie with my boy Moroni.

Feliz Navidad!!
Elder Dahlin








No comments:

Post a Comment