Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27 2016

Aloha!
This is going to be really quick cause I'm out of time haha. I really should manage my time better.
We'll I hope you had an awesome birthday Momma :) You're the best and I love you so much.
This week I decided to do an interchange with my district. I went with Elder Carbajal and while we were walking I saw this white guy that was in front of us. I was like whoa a gringo! But then I thought again cause there are a lot of people here that have light skin too. We got closer and he started to speak to his little daughter in English! I was like whoa no way! I started talking to him and he told me that he was from Utah! I was like oh cool he's probably a member. He said he used to be a member of the church but he joined the Baptist church. He kind of started to contend and I have never really taught anybody ever in English about the gospel. So I was thinking to myself ah this is going to be interesting. I am 100 percent shocked at how God puts the words in our mouths as missionaries. I dont like to contend and so all I did was bear testimony. There is a scripture in Nefi that talks about missionaries. I think it is quoting Isiah but it says 'Is there anyone who will contend with me? Come near and I will smite thee with the force of my mouth.' I know that we aren't the teachers here. The Holy Ghost works through us to convert people and it's just our blessing to be here to be his instruments. Anyway I bore testimony and this guy was just quiet. We gave him a card and left.
Later we were talking to a different family and they said that there was a pastor from the Baptist church that is from the United States and he has like thousands of followers haha. I talked to that guy and thankfully the Lord worked through me and he was able to feel the spirit.
I love the mission and I testify that Christ talks through us as His servants. He literally fills my mouth with His words everyday.
Have a good week!
Love Elder Dahlin











No comments:

Post a Comment