Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20 2016

Hola!

Well this week we were really thinking of how we can find new people to teach. We decided that we are going to talk to more people during the day. Right now our president has put the goal to contact 85 people every week. We have been doing that but we want more popel to teach. So me and my companion put 150 as a goal and at 8:50 last night we completed it! We are contacting tons of people and it's so cool to meet so many different and new people. We were walking on Miercoles and we see this guy walking with a cane. He's like 35. We went and talked to him and he said his name is Hitler! I was like what haha theres no way. I thought he was just joking with us. We explained who we are and what we do and he was super interested. We started talking to him about his beliefs and he asked us what we believe about Jesus Christ. We testified that He died for us and that He paid the price so that we can be happy and so that we can be free of sin, guilt, and any imperfection based on our faith and trust in Him. He went on to tell us about how he had an accident. He used to drive semi trucks and one time when he was driving a mountain caved in on him and destroyed his foot. He said he has been looking for peace and that he knows that God has a plan for him because he miraculously wasn't killed in the accident. He was explaining to us about his accident when all the sudden he just stopped and his eyes watered up and he couldn't talk for like 2 minutes. We were just standing there supporting him so he could stand cause we were standing right outside his house. I could really see how grateful he is for Christ and the opportunities God gives us to progress and to be here in this life. I think that if I had to say that there is one thing that I have learned here, I have learned to love Jesus Christ because the truth is that without Him and without His infinite sacrifice we would be so lost. I'm grateful that I can be with my family forever in a state of celestial glory because He loves us so much that He suffered every pain we go through and He died for us. 
This week was also Fathers Day and I hope all the fathers had an awesome day. I'm grateful for my own father and for so many things that he has taught me. I love you Dad! Also happy birthday Momma D! I seriously have the best parents in the world. I'm grateful for the examples I have because I know one day I will be a father and when a family follows Christ's example and his gospel, happiness is achievable and in no other way.
We'll I dont have much time. I put in a lot of pictures this week! We went to like a water fountain park thing! So there are lots of fotos of that.

Thanks for all your support and for praying for me! I love Peru. I love the poeple here so much :)
Love Elder Dahlin

My favorite food here. Chicharron de pota y pescado.

haha we were seeing how long we could go without grabbing on in the bus. I seriously almost died haha

The national soccer stadium 







We did a talent show and me and my district did a show with Moses, our convert. This guy is going to be a leader in the church someday seriously.

Pancakes? Or postre?




No comments:

Post a Comment