Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13 2016

Alright this week was awesome. It was super extremely hard but it was such an awesome opportunity to grow. So me and my companion have put the goal to talk to 30 people everyday in the street. Our mission has given us the goal to talk to 15 everyday and we have doubled it because we want twice as many new investigators. So we are seriously talking to people all day long and it wears me out so much haha but I LOVE it! We have gotten to know so many cool people. We decicded that if we complete the goal and talk to 30 new people everyday on p-day we are going to make pancakes and just go to town. So that motivates us :) My companion Elder Morales is seriously awesome. He is so excited about the work that we are doing. 

This week was such a blessing. Elder Rasband from the Quorum of the 12 Apostoles came to the mission to talk to us. It was great! The night before the reunion our leaders called us and told us that they had bad news and good news. The bad news: We had to be in the stake center at 4 in the morning. The good news!! We got to shake Elder Rasbands hand! Wow it was such an awesome experience. There were 3 missions there. Lima Central, West and North. So as we all shook his hand and my turn was coming up I was so excited haha. Wow it's indescribable how much love he transmits to us. When I shook his hand he just looked me square in the eye and I could just feel so much power in him. The prophets and apostoles really are men that are called of God. The part that I loved most from his talk was when he said President Monson sent with me 2 messages. First, thank you. and second, I love you. He explained how he sees President Monson pray for us everyday. He says that the prophet pleads and begs God to guide us and protect us. Elder Rasband cried when he expressed how much he, President Monson, and the rest of the apostoles love us so much. It was an experience that I will never forget.

Well my time is up so I should go. But this week we baptized Moises! He is such an awesome guy and I know for a fact that he will be a great leader in the church some day. He is the most solid investigator that I have ever had in my whole mission. Everyday when we go by his house his tv is on and the general conference is playing or there are church hymns or he is reading church books. He's so awesome! I'm grateful that he chose me to baptize him. I love seeing the joy that this gospel brings to people. Especially after baptism because their whole countenance changes and they are just filled with joy and the light of Christ. I love it :)

Well I need to go. I love you all and I'm grateful to be in the one and only true church of Jesus Christ, the same church that he established when he was here. This makes me so happy :) And being Mormon is being happy.

MY TWO SONS!! studs


We had to empty and baptismal font with buckets haha so tiring but it was worth it.


Im going to start taking pictures of all the foods we eat haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment