Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9 2016

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there :)


Wow yesterday we got to talk to our families and it was seriously so great. I am reminded every time about how important the family is and how much of an impact they have on us. I am motivated to continue serving with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. Thanks family for not making me trunky :) haha
So this week we were able to go to the temple for the first time in like 6 months to do sessions. It was seriously awesome. Every time I learn so much and inside the temple we just feel so good. I love that. It's definitely something that I want to do more often when I get home too.
So we are teaching a ton of people right now. Seriously everyday we are running back and forth between lessons. But there is this guy named Moses and he is so awesome seriously. He is progressing towards his baptismal goal on the 28th this month. Whenever we teach him about a new commandment he is so willing. Even to the point to where he is willing to break up with his girlfriend that he has had for like 3 years in order to start living the law of chastity. When we recognize the commandments as protections instead of restrictions, we can really start to understand God's love for each of us and how much He wants us to be successful and happy. 
I have finished Doctrine and Covenants and now I'm reading the Pearl of Great Price. In Moses 8 it talks about Noah and while reading I couldnt help but think of how much God loves us, and also how Noah must have felt when he closed the door of the ark.

And God saw that the wickedness of men had become great in the earth; and every man was lifted up in the imagination of the thoughts of his heart, being only evil continually.
And the Lord said: I will destroy man whom I have created, from the face of the earth, both man and beast, and the creeping things, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth Noah that I have created them, and that I have made them; and he hath called upon me; for they have sought his life.
And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth.
 And God said unto Noah: The end of all flesh is come before me, for the earth is filled with violence, and behold I will destroy all flesh from off the earth.

These are a few of the verses that really stuck out to me in this chapter. It must have been so sad for God to see that all the people in the earth had become so evil. It makes me think of how he feels when he sees us do something that we know isn't right and it helps me to be a better person and live a better life everyday. I love the scriptures seriously haha. The stories are so sick.

Well I love all you guys. Thanks again for all the support and love you give me.
Love Elder Dahlin




At the beginning of my mission a dog like this bit me and ever since I have ben looking for a friendly kind of this dog to take a picture with it haha.

This week we ate liver!!






Mmm Subway :)

A typical plate of food here.



No comments:

Post a Comment