Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2 2015

Hey guys!

So tomorrow there is a chance that I’ll be transferred. I have been here for 5 transfers, or 7 and a half months. So it’s pretty likely. All I know is that I LOVE this ward and the people that I have met and my companions. There are seriously so many opportunities to share the gospel and help the people here. I’m not positive if I’ll get transferred but I will let you all know :)

Wow so this week we had some surprises! I’ll try to tell the story quickly because I’m running out of time. So there is a family that we have been teaching. Their dad is a member. In July we baptized the daughter, Alison. And then a few weeks ago we baptized Berita. Anyway, Berita has a sister named Keila. Her mom recently passed away and so she came here to live in Lima with her sister and that’s when we met her. I think it was perfect because the day after her mom died, we met her and we were able to teach her that families are forever. She was so interested in the message and was baptized yesterday. But her cousin, Estefany, also lives there and she always listened to the missionaries before but never decided to be baptized. Finally when her cousin, Keila, decided to come here, she decided to be baptized too. But she has a little brother! His name is Brandon. He always listened to the missionaries before but never wanted to get baptized either. He would always run away when we asked him questions and we were never able to really teach him. Until Keila got here! He decided that he wanted to be baptized too. So yesterday we had a super baptism with the 3 of them. I think that yesterday it became even more clear to me that we are here so that families can be happy. Looking at them dressed in white made me so happy. A happiness that I think only a missionary can understand haha.  I’m happy that they can work towards going to the temple and find more happiness there. 

Well, having supportive friends and family sure does make this work easier. I love you guys and thank you for supporting me and always writing to me. I know that the time we have here on this earth is so important. And being here teaching about the gospel of Jesus Christ has really made me realize what’s most important. The Gospel and families. With these 2 things we can live with God again, and for me that’s the ultimate goal :) Sorry this is pretty short but I hope you have a good week!


Love Elder Dahlin
I can't explain how much I love this place

Me and my compy!




No comments:

Post a Comment