Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 24 2015

So much has happened this week! There is this little old guy that we teach named Cesar. He’s so happy and is always laughing with us and making jokes haha. Anyway, this week he decided to be baptized and asked me to do it. Cesar uses a wheel chair so it was kind of difficult to baptize him. It ended up working out better when my companion got in the water with us and we both baptized him. The coolest thing was to see him in his white clothes before his baptism praying in front of the font. He was so grateful that he had met us and that God had answered his prayers with the message that we brought him. The coolest is when people call us the angels. Even the gangsters here in Lima always call us the angels haha. I’m grateful that in some way or another I could help Cesar be happy.
This week was also my companion’s birthday! Here there is a tradition where they just smash eggs all over your head and then dump flour on you haha. Luckily they didn’t do it to me in April haha but I’m sure they will for my birthday that’s coming up. Anyway, we dumped eggs and flour all over him. I’m going to put some pictures in here a little later.
We also were able to go to the temple with a couple that got sealed! That was awesome. I had never seen a temple sealing before but wow it’s amazing. It made me really appreciate my parents and what they’ve done so that we can be together :)
During this thanksgiving season I’m especially grateful for these last 14 months that god has given me to be able to be here Lima meeting amazing people and learning so much. I’m grateful for my family. I’m grateful for the authority of God that’s been restored to the earth. And for the blessing that I have to know who I am and why I’m here. I love this gospel and I know that there isn’t anything else that can make us so happy :) Well I’m running out of time but I’m going to send a cool video home this week.
I love you guys! Thanks for all your letters and support. You guys really are the best.


Love Elder Dahlin



This is what happens when you play volleyball for ´just a sec´


Eggs and flour! haha





Here's the view from the roof of my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment