Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5 2015

Wow an awesome conference weekend for sure! I was so anxious to see who the new apostoles would be. They all seem so humble and ready to serve and that’s how I want to be! I watched it in English this time and wow was that different haha. I understand it in Spanish but it’s just not the same. I’m glad I can be here teaching the people so that they can hear the gospel and the voice of the prophets in their own language too :)

Well I’m now the teacher of English for the San Martin Stake! It’s super cool because every week I have the opportunity to teach like 20 misioneros English for an hour. Sometimes it’s hard and I’m not sure what to teach but just like any other teaching, if the spirit is there, they’re going to learn. It’s way fun haha.

I think my favorite talk was by Bradley D Foster. He talked about an interview that he had with un hermano. This hermano said that his dad raised him super well and came to him and said that he was his age once and probably knows how he feels. His dad knew what he was going to go through and if he ever had a problem, he could trust in his dad to help him, because he had already gone through it. It was a cool story and he told it better than I can haha. But it got me thinking more about Gods and Jesus` love for us. Jesus Christ literally suffered every pain that ever existed in the world. Every stress or sickness. Every frustration and every loneliness. And the reason he did it is so that we don’t have to. He loves us so much that he was willing to come down from the paradise of heaven and suffer the most horrible and unimaginable pain. And his Father, our Heavenly Father, was willing to sacrifice his only son and watch him be tortured and crucified because HE  LOVES  US. And that’s the only reason. I can’t imagine how hard it must have been for either of them, and I don’t think that anyone will ever be able to imagine it. But what we can do to show our thanks for them both is obey. When we obey we show our love for God. The commandments aren’t here to restrict us. They’re here to protect us, yet another act of love from our Father in Heaven. I’m grateful for the commandments because they’re like a set of instructions that we can follow in order to have happiness in this life and a happy eternal family in the life to come. And the coolest thing right now is that I’m here sharing this message with people. So that they can have the same hope and faith :) this is seriously the coolest thing ever haha, I love the people here. 

Well this week was the best. We had 2 baptisms! One was the lady that let us pour her whiskey down the drain, and the other is a kid that contacted us in the street and wanted to learn about God. Both are awesome and I can see them being leaders super soon in the ward. 

We also found a guy that had a ton of Cuy! They cook these things and eat them haha. I still haven’t tried it yet but I will soon :) it’s like a guinea pig!

Also I decided to put in a picture of a typical plate of food here. You can’t see the food very well though. Its rice, chicken and potatoes. And of course inka kola. If you are ever going to come to Peru, preparate para comer esto. Pero lo chevere es que es bien rico. Entonces vale la pena.

I love you all. Thanks for all the prayers and support. I’m blessed with such awesome friends and family that always help me out. Write me! : D daniel.dahlin@myldsmail.net

Love Elder Dahlin







No comments:

Post a Comment