Monday, February 9, 2015

Feb 9 2k15

Familia y amigos!

This week we went to the beach and rode bikes! Wow it was so different than walking. It was really fun! We rode up this hill that overlooks all of Lima. Well part of it. It’s so big! And there is a huge statue of Jesus at the top. Pretty cool!

Also there’s a picture of a hairless Peruvian dog!! And also my favorite food Lomo Saltodo. So good. And a selfie that I took with one of the kids here! We teach his parents haha and he’s so funny. His name is Mateas.

Well this week has been a lot different. Instead of thinking of how our lessons can help other people, we are looking for what we need to learn in every lesson too. This has been helping so much. One night we got to the apartment and Elder Montoya was super quiet. I asked him que paso and he said that he needs to be more humble and loving. He was really worrying about it too, and eventually he asked me to give him a blessing. So I did. I’ve been asked to give blessings before and before the blessing I’ve thought about like what I would say. But this time he asked me, I said yes, I got up and gave him a blessing. I don’t even know what I said. But at the end of the blessing, I opened my eyes and he was crying. This was super. Not only did it add to my testimony of the priesthood and revelation, but also the gift of tongues and of the Holy Ghost in our lives. All we have to do is live worthy and we are PROMISED the Holy Ghost. It made us a lot closer too. Dang Elder Montoya el lo maximo.

This week I finished the Book of Mormon again!! Every time I read it I learn so much. Something that really stuck out to me this time was at the end. In Moroni 10 there is a scripture that says something along the lines of God will tell you that these things are true. And that’s the whole scripture. Short but so powerful. I know and bear solid witness that whoever reads the book of Mormon and really asks Heavenly Father if it’s true, if they have faith that they will receive an answer, The Holy Ghost will testify of it to them. I know it’s true. And I’m so grateful that I have this knowledge in my life. And for this opportunity that I can come here and help people find this happiness too! :)

This week we were walking down the street and there was a guy approaching us, the sidewalks are pretty narrow and in the street the cars are crazy, so I stopped walking to let him pass. He gets closer to me and turns to me and says you guys are the Mormons right? I said yeah and asked him if he had listened or visited with the missionaries before. He said yeah but years ago. He said that he has been having tons of difficulty in his life these last few months and just this morning he was thinking of the missionaries and wondering where he could find us. Well. Here we are!! Here is the crazy part to the story. We were on our way to eat lunch with a member. Usually we always take the same way. We always take the same street because it’s shorter. But this time Elder Montoya was like hey let’s go this way. Usually I would have been like what why? Because it’s super hot and we were dying of thirst, but I felt like we should go there too. And because we made that decision, we were able to meet this hermano. His name is Jhonny. And he already has a baptism date for March 14. 

Answers to prayers exist. Prayer is so real. And whoever doesn’t have a testimony of prayer can gain one. It just takes a little faith!

Well, even though I’m literally dripping sweat and burning hot all day, I love it. It seems difficult to love this but whoever has served a mission, or whoever is serving a mission will understand. I love burning to death and getting blisters on my feet. Being approached by drunk scary guys. I love the test that this mission gives me. If Christ could serve a mission for his whole life, and be rejected, spit on, beat, and crucified, I think I can bear a little heat here in Lima.

This mission is amazing. And I honestly wouldn’t trade it for the world. Thank you for all the support and prayers and I want you all to know that I think of you on the daily!

I love you guys and hope you will keep praying and choosing the right :)


Elder Dahlin















No comments:

Post a Comment