Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Feb 16 2k15

Aloha!

Another week in burning hot Peru!

So right now there are 4 missionaries, 2 companionships, in our ward. And last week we received news that they’re going to close one of the sectors. So now there will only be 2 missionaries, or 1 companionship, in this sector. I have almost 4 months here. And one of the other Elders from the other compaƱerismo has 6 months here, so I think we will be transferred. He will for sure. But I think it’s my time to go too. I’ll go where you want me to go Senor! haha wherever I’m called to go, or stay, I’ll be happy.

So bad news! Hermano Pablo is moving. So we won’t be able to baptize him. But I’m 100 percent positive that he will get baptized in the next month or 2. He’s the perfect investigator. This weekend we do have a baptism though! His name is Billi and he’s the son of a recent convert. He’s awesome. Next week I’ll include pictures.

Yesterday we were teaching one of our menos activos. His name is Mayo Urruchi. He’s addicted to cigarettes. And it’s so sad to see someone’s life destroyed by addiction. As children of God we have SO much potential. And it’s crazy to see how fast someone can be destroyed by an addiction. In the past he has told us that he wants to give up smoking and he has tried it a few times. But yesterday he told us that he’s going to die with this addiction and that God will judge him for it, but he can’t give it up and that there’s nothing that can be done. There is. The atonement of Jesus Christ is infinite and everlasting. And no matter what addiction or sin we have, it can be erased completely through the atonement and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. It’s truly a blessing that we can be forgiven. Heavenly Father is soo loving. Even though we all sin, he has so much love and mercy, and if we truly want to change, he will forgive us. Such a blessing.

Well I don’t have a ton of time. But it looks like I’ll be transferred this week. The address will stay the same if you want to send letters. 

I hope you all have a good week and that you can always remember that no matter what, you can be forgiven. There is no sin or addiction that is bigger than you or the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. 

I love you all and thanks for all the support and prayers!! 

Elder Dahlin

First of all, there is a picture that I’m sending that’s of my ingrown toe nail. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago because I had an ingrown toe nail. After she fixed it, it got infected! So I went to a different doctor and she fixed it. She cut about a quarter of my toe nail off, but along the side of my toe, not how you normally would cut your toe nails. And ever since then it’s been getting better. But I thought I would include this picture of my bloody bandage haha.


This week we also went to the fountain park!! It’s super cool to go there and see all the fountains with the lights. These pictures are of me and my best friends here!! And also there’s a picture of the Peru pro soccer team stadium!









No comments:

Post a Comment