Monday, January 19, 2015

Jan 19 2015

Hasta luego Elder Flores, Bienvenidos Elder Montoya!!

This week I received my 3rd companion. My second in the mission field. Elder Montoya is awesome!! Already we’re having tons of fun. Singing and working better than Elder Flores and I did even after 12 weeks together. This transfer we are going to do some awesome things. He’s also lider de districto! So I know that I’ll learn a ton from him. He’s the most humble guy I’ve ever met and he has an awesome story too. 

This week we were talking to un hermano just right outside his fruit stand in the street and it was dark so we couldn’t see super well. But we finished talking to him and we started walking away and I stepped on something. I thought it was just a rock at first haha but then a dog yelped and then it bit me!!! haha what the heck. That makes 2 for dog bites. Luckily is was just a little tiny dog, it could have been much worse. 

Elder Montoya and I are going to be working a ton with the members this transfer. The members haven’t worked much with us in the past but if we can get their support and more help from them, more investigators are going to come to church and tambien more menos activos. Really, the whole obra misional revolves around the members. Without the members, this work can’t progress. 

This week we had a little reunion with the zone. After the training I stood up and turned around and saw my teacher from the CCM. HERMANA LOAYZA!! Creo que esta es como se escribe.. I was so excited to see her. It sure was nice to see a familiar face here haha. Ella es la maxima y soy tan agradecido que ella era mi maestra en el CCM. Siempre Sere agradecido por las cosas que ella me enseƱo an el CCM. She truly is the best. And she helps the missionaries out so much it’s crazy. Thank you Hermana Loayza for always helping the missionaries in the CCM to keep their heads up. The world needs more Hermana Loayza´s.

I always remember that even though it gets hard sometimes, in the mission or not, all the difficulties that we face are for our own good. For our own learning. How we react to these difficulties is what really matters. I always try to look at things with an eternal perspective when I have trouble and it always helps. This life is so short. Always remember where we’re going and why we’re here.

Thank you all for all of the prayers and support. Please continue praying, they seriously do help so much. I love you all! CTR.


Elder Dahlin, over and out.






No comments:

Post a Comment