Sunday, January 4, 2015

Dec 29 2014


Family and friends,

Wow this week has been so amazing. I’m just gonna say it right now, I have the best family in the world. Thank you so much for all of your support and for all of your prayers. I had the opportunity to talk to my family on Christmas and it was an experience that I’ll never forget. I can literally feel your guys love. You are so awesome and I could never wish for a better more supportive family. I’ve been so blessed to be placed in the family that I have. Thank you guys.

Things are different here for Christmas. They have all their parties and dinner on the 24, and on the 25 they don’t do anything. Everyone stays up till midnight and at 12 midnight they have dinner and have fireworks and all sorts of cake and paneton and chocolatada. Mmmm so good. The food here is so amazing haha but I need to start being more careful cause I’m seriously going to die if I’m not careful.

I opened my Christmas package that I received a month ago from my family. I’ve been dying to open it and I finally was able to! My favorite gifts were all the letters and the photo album. It just goes to show that the things that matter most in this life are family and the gospel. But thank you so much for everything in the packages. I’ll put it all to good use :) 

This week we pretty much had p day every day. It was kind of frustrating cause we didn’t really teach lessons. We just visited families but it was still really fun. On the 24 we ate 2 dinners. I was seriously afraid that my stomach was like going to rip open inside of me. I ate so much food. When we got back to our apartament I couldn’t even reach down and untie my shoes. I was dying haha. It was really fun though. One tradition here is that they don’t put baby Jesus in the manger until midnight and the youngest person in the house gets to put Jesus in the manger. We visited a family and they let me put Jesus in the manger cause I was the youngest. I attached a picture of me putting him in there haha. It was kinda scary cause the sister was like hugging me. Haha after the picture I got the heck out of there. 

It’s amazing how much the people here love missionaries. It’s amazing how much I love the people here. I’m literally here to save them. How great is this calling. 

One thing that I’ve thought of this week is this time as a missionary. I’ve made the choice to come here and teach my brothers and sisters. But this week I’ve realized that it isn’t as much of a choice as it is a chance. This is such an awesome experience. This opportunity that I have is a once in a life time thing and I’ll never be able to do this again. I’m glad I have this CHANCE and this OPPORTUNITY. And instead of looking at it as something that I have to do, I look at it as something that I get to do. This work is amazing. This time is something that I’ll never forget.

I love you all! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and I hope you have a happy New Year! Be safe and drink some Martinellis for me  :) 


Ps. you can’t really tell, but in the picture above of the city, there are about 100 fireworks going off. Fireworks are huge here for Christmas and I heard there are even more on New Years.


These are the pictures that I wanted to send this week. Haha Christmas is such a fun time of year. 


Before I go I wanted to say one more thing! While bearing my testimony in Spanish to my family over skype on Christmas, it really hit me how important families are. We are able to be together for ETERNITY. Think about that. Never ending time. I’m grateful for my family and over skype it really hit me how much I love you guys. I was blessed with an amazing family. Thanks for everything :)

Love Elder Dahlin















No comments:

Post a Comment