Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18 2016

Well I got transferred! I was definitely NOT expecting to get transferred my last transfer. We had some awesome people that were progressing and doing well and I have grown to really love so many people in my old ward and my companion. Wow saying goodbye to Elder Morales was rough. I have grown to love that guy and it was the first time I have cried with a companion saying goodbye.
So this week I was kinda stupidly getting down on myself wondering why I had been transferred. I decided to see what God has in store for me here. My new ward is called Elio and it's in the stake called Maranga. I'm not gonna go into detail but lets just say this week I had the most powerful spiritual experience of my whole mission. Of my whole LIFE. And was able to help a few people have a spiritual experience as well. I think it would be much better to tell the story in person to be able to explain it well (that is if my English starts to work again haha). But wow I know that I am specifically needed here. Let's just say I pretty much recognized some friends that I had before coming here to earth. And we felt the spirit so strong together and cried together. haha it's kinda a general explanation but I will tell the story in like 4 weeks in person! Wow only 4 more weeks....

So my new companion is Elder Quispe. He is from Peru from a place called Chiclayo. He is my 12th and last companion. I'm excited to be with him here too. It's weird how different every companion is ya know? We are all so different. We all have different strengths and different weaknesses. He is going to help me and teach me in these last few weeks. I'm grateful to still be here as a representative of Jesus Christ. and I know that God still has miracles for me to see while I am still here. and he still has some special people that he wants me to meet. This mission is 100 percent inspiration that's for sure and I'm loving every second of it :)

So yesterday I was at church for the first time in this ward and I was walking down the hall when all the sudden I hear someone from behind me say Elder Dahlin is that you? It was a familiar voice and I was like who could that possibly be? I guessed it might have been someone from my first ward cause my first ward is like 15 blocks from here haha. I turned around and it was Hermana Loayza!! No se como se escribe su nombre.. jaja lo siento hermana! It was my teacher from the CCM! It was such an awesome moment to see her and catch up after almost 18 months! She isn't in my ward but we share the church building haha but it will be fun to see my teacher from the CCM every week. It was so nice to see a familiar face. Someone that I met right when I got here and someone that has helped me so much to get used to being here and to learn Spanish too. So yeah that was a cool experience. Then after church another hermana named Marissa comes up to me and she's like 'Hey are you Eric's brother?' I was like what! Yeah! I guess she met Eric in Utah haha so that was fun too! 

I'm out of time. But wow am I excited to be here to finish my mission. I love this work. I love the mission and I love this country. Most of all I LOVE Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. And I know that they care so much about us.

I included some cool pictures haha.
Have a great week! I love you all!
Love Elder Dahlin

My new companion Elder Quispe

When I was carrying my suitcases down all those stairs my pants ripped AGAIN!! They dont call me sewing Spencer for noting!

Jhostin, one of my best friends in my last ward.

Just before getting a taxi to go to my new sector. It's amazing how many awesome friends we make in the mission. I love it!

HERMANA LOAYZA!! My teacher from the CCM!

Eric's friend Marissa

A few of the Elders in the new zone!





No comments:

Post a Comment