Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18 2016

I'll start off by saying THANK YOU!! For all the birthday wishes haha. Even though it isn't my birthday yet I'm pretty sure the members are going to make me a cake and then destroy me with it tonight. Along with eggs and flour haha. I dont know why but when it's your birthday here they like to throw food on you and laugh haha. But eh I guess it's alright cause it's probably the only time it'll ever happen in my whole life. Here goes nothin :)
Also thanks for the package family :) You guys are lo maximo seriously. Thank you for all the letters and candy haha. I dont have all of the email addresses of our aunts and uncles, but thank you so much for brightening my day. haha it was so much fun to eat the chocolates that I miss so much and read all of your letters. Sometimes I dont understand how or why God blessed me so much to have such amazing friends and family. Thank you so much!
So this last week we were helping this pregnant lady sand this wall because her baby is going to be born and she wants the room to be a different color. We had been sanding it by hand for hours and the paint just didn't seem to come off. haha they even gave us a knife and like a spatula type thing to scrape the paint off which surprisingly worked pretty well. About 3 hours into the service the sisters face lights up and she says oh yeah! I have an electric sander! haha me and my companion just looked at each other and laughed. She got out the electric sander and it's helping a lot. It made me think of the gifts that God gives us here on earth. He gives us things that will help us to over come life trials and to be better people. But when we can't recognize these gifts it's so much harder to understand life I think. And it's harder to see what God has in store for us and what he wants us to learn.
Well I'm kinda out of time haha. I'll be sending some fun pictures next week of my birthday. 
Thank you all for your support and for all your letters. Sometimes it's hard to reply for how much time we have on the internet but I read every letter and each one brightens my day haha. 
Love Elder Dahlin









No comments:

Post a Comment