Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22 2016

Hola! 

Wow this week was crazy. Where to begin?
So we have been teaching these 2 hermanas named Mildred and Deyanira. They’re so awesome and they have kids that are so much fun haha. Anyway they had to move from our side of the ward to the other side of the ward. So they didn’t live in our sector when they got baptized but we were able to go. On Wednesday we helped them move and it was crazy! They lived in the 5th floor of an apartment building. Even though I probably sweated a gallon and I couldn’t feel my legs or arms after going up and down the stairs like 100 times, I felt so good! It made me think of the scripture in Mateo that says inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. It’s so true, and to know it’s true you gotta try and experience it :) so that was fun to help them move and see them get baptized this Saturday. The best is when the people call us angels and when they say they want their kids to be like us one day. I think being an example is a constant effort. People are always watching!

So this week we went to a fort called Real Felipe. It was awesome! It has cannons and tons of war ships and tanks that are there to defend the coast. They don’t use it anymore but they used to. It was cool to see it because I have seen many historic things here! 

Wow this week we got a call from a family and they said they wanted to see us right away. So we ran to their house and it turns out the mom had stomach cancer and was going to have an operation. They started the operation and realized that it had already progressed a ton and there wasn’t anything they could do. They released her a few days later and I think now she is just resting and waiting to have peace.. They asked us to go to their house to bless her room so that she could feel happy. And they asked me to do it. It was the most peaceful feeling ever seriously. Knowing that this family is sealed and that they all understand the plan of salvation as returned missionaries, they know exactly where their daughter, aunt, mom, sister is going. Leaving that house I honestly was overcome with emotion as I realized that I have the same promises. I’m so grateful for this gospel and for this message that we share with the world. I love helping others to know that death isn’t a goodbye. It’s a see ya later! And it’s a peaceful thing. 

I know that when we trust in God and that he has a perfect plan, we can trust in that even though sometimes things don’t go our way we can still be happy because we can know that things are going HIS way. And personally I trust in his way much more than I trust in my way. :) Because he knows his plan inside and out.

Thanks for all the emails and support! I’m still 100 percent convinced that I have the best friends and family in the world. You guys are the best.


Love Elder Dahlin

WE ARE AS THE ARMIES OF HELAMAN. Garrett I'm pretty sure this picture is pretty similar to one that you took on your mission.


This guy was selling rabbits and caramel apples in the street! There are so many things that I love seeing here haha.






I dont think he was very excited to take a picture with a gringo haha.. I dont know why.. I thought it was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment